We’re opening the Summer Reading Scavenger Hunt with the announcement of the categories. The graphic to the left is the “official” version of the list. I’ll try to keep this posted regularly, so you can see what the categories are. Here’s how to play.
You can participate via the Becca Nation Facebook group (or the R.L. Syme / Becca Boyd Facebook page), you can use the Twitter hashtag #amreading16. You can join via email, or in the comments of the #amreading16 posts on this blog (rlsyme.com).
Prizes are: a $100 gift card, an assorted paperback book package, and a full set of Becca Boyd’s Line of Fire paperbacks. Each of these prizes will be awarded to a different person.
Here’s how to play:
- Read at least one book from as many categories as you can between May 1st and August 31st, 2016.
- Tag Becca on Twitter (@beck_a_tron) or use the #amreading16 hashtag, send us an email with a link to your Goodreads review of the book, or post in the Becca Nation Facebook group with the title of the book and the category it fulfills.
Here’s how to win:
- A $100 gift card will be awarded to one random participant (every entry counts)
- A giant paperback book package will be awarded either to the person who reads the most categories, or to a randomly selected winner among the people with the most categories read.
- If you read seventeen books, and have fulfilled all seventeen categories between May 1st and August 31st, and notify us as you read each book, you will automatically win a full set of Becca Boyd’s Line of Fire paperbacks.
We reserve the right to add more prizes as the summer goes on. You can participate live with us on Twitter or on Facebook, or email me your books (assistant at rlsyme dot com) and categories and Goodreads links as you read them! Can’t wait to see what everyone is reading!
- a book released before I was born
- a book with a number in the title
- a novel by a woman of color
- a biography or memoir
- a novel set in my state
- a book about spies
- a foodie book
- a nonfiction book
- any genre fiction book
- a librarian’s choice book
- a Newberry award winner
- a book that was also a movie
- a book by or about a Veteran
- a book on the @BailysPrize list
- a book with a disabled main character
- a novel I have started an not finished
- a novel from someone else’s “Must-Read” list